Roasted Cauliflower, Turnip, and Leek Soup
November 17, 2016
Creamy vegetable soups go well with an acidic, crisp white wine. Look at serving our 2013 Old Vine Chardonnay alongside this herbal, comforting bisque to highlight the crisp vegetable flavors and cut through the creamy texture.
- 1 Head of Cauliflower, chopped
- 1 Turnip, cubed
- 3 Leeks, chopped
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 6 Sprigs of Thyme
- 3 tbsps Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Boxes of Chicken Stock
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop up the head of cauliflower and the turnip into chunks.
- Mix in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Put on baking sheet and bake for roughly an hour, or until the vegetables are soft and starting to crisp.
- Once the vegetables are roasted, put them in a large crock along with the leeks and chicken stock. Mix together, then add thyme and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the leeks are tender.
- Remove the thyme. Then, with either a handheld or upright blender, blend until smooth.
- Add heavy cream, stirring in evenly. Salt and pepper to taste.